Different, not like a social worker…
Our work in Newtown is making a big difference in some young people’s lives. 3 recent people’s stories show what we can do together with our worker Neil being there for young people:
- trusting positive relationships developed
- one person on a College 2-year course
- linked some people with CAIS or Kaleidoscope (specialist charities) to address cannabis and other drug misuse
- confidence built up
- one now has a work qualification
- one in full-time work
- another wants to find employment and positive role models.
Our project is funded by Powys Drugs and Alcohol Council.